Provence & the French Riviera on foot
Private guided hikes and walking tours in the South of France
An invitation to all your senses !
How about exploring Provence & the French Riviera
with local professional hiking guides,
gazing at unique spots and meeting amazing people
you’d be unlikely to come by with only roadbooks
routemarked maps and information panels at your disposal ?
Take full advantage of every day and enjoy the peace of mind that results
from walking the great outdoors with a local guide
who knows his region like the back of his hand
Come and experience a typical colorful open-air market
tasting an emblematic Provençal dish
before sipping a pastis on the terrace of a café
Discover beautiful sun-drenched landscapes
the very same painted by van Gogh and Cézanne
and make sure to play a game of boules !
Jean-Bernard Letemple and his fellow partners are open and friendly,
willing to help you make your trip as pleasant and amazing as possible
hiking with us !
Provence walking tours by local professional guides
Come and discover the diversity of Provence’s great outdoors
and embark on active adventures off the beaten track !
Welcome to En Route Provence,
the website that invites you to explore the most beautiful
great outdoors that Provence, southern France, offers
by hiring a local professional hiking guide!
We’ve got nice trips to suit strollers and hikers
of all interests and physical abilities.
Provence’s natural wonders are best seen by foot
If you’d like to include a hike during your vacations in the South of France, we will help you choose an outing appropriate to your travel schedule and physical abilities. Find out the variety of lovely guided nature walks we propose from short strolls to challenging hikes according to the destination you plan to discover.
Our small hiking company, with its local guides who know Provence’s trails inside out, will be happy to help you catch the beauty of the luminous landscapes and so varied sceneries that can be seen while hiking:
– the attractive French Riviera all around Nice, Cannes & Menton
– the lovely Alpilles from Les Baux de Provence or St Remy, near Avignon and Arles
– the wild rocky coast of the Calanques from Marseille or Cassis
– the majestic Mont Sainte-Victoire lying east of Aix-en-Provence
– the Luberon mountains, Gordes & other charming hilltop villages
– the legendary Mont Ventoux & secret Montagne de Lure
– the spectacular Verdon Gorge, near the Alps
Come and experience why Provence, France’s most popular region for holidays, is a land which has provided inspiration to such a great number of famous painters and writers !
Why hire a local hiking guide ?
A professional hiking guide in France has achieved accreditation : the UIMLA certification (Union of International Mountain Leader Associations). This is the highest level of qualification in the world for hiking activities, with the exception of glacier and technical rock.
Here are the main benefits our local hiking guides will provide you with on our organized walks in Provence:
– keeping you safe on every trail he (or she) will lead you on,
– customizing a hiking tour for you, based on your interests, your physical abilities and your travel schedule, and considering current weather conditions,
– showing you secret spots and being able to lead you on quiet paths and to choose backup trails if need be,
– including environmental interpretation into his hikes : as a local expert, your guide will help you identify the varied species of the Mediterranean flora, discover Provence towns and villages cultural heritage, and will tell you stories about the places you visit. In short, you will gain a much deeper appreciation of the region.
– making it easier for you to communicate with French people by translating things for you